Tribal Revival 2006

Wow, what a time! Here in good ol' Norman Oklahoma, we have a little festival known as 'Tribal Revival'. A friend of ours has this huge place out in the sticks and every year he has a huge party -- stage, lights, balloons, bands, beer, camping, huge screens to project slides and movies from previous years of TR, etc. It's kind of like our own private Woodstock.

This year the event was free and the place was packed. I saw friends that I hadn't seen in over a year, got to hear some really great local talent that I hadn't heard yet and drank some really good beer! Mahina and I stayed out there till midnight or so while our daughter stayed the night with some of our friends in their tent. Just a great family event. I wish you all could experience something like this where you live!

In all honesty, it reminds me of the previous blog, where I was discussing the different phrases one could use instead of 'kingdom of god'. I really like the 'tribe of god' but another one that McLaren referenced was the 'party of god'. Last nights event was both -- one big tribal party. There is such a diversity of people there; different backgrounds, faiths, beliefs, political views, etc.; that I can see just a glimpse of what McLaren is talking about. I hope that my life (both words and deeds) reflect this type of acceptance.

Here's hoping that we all can be part of something so wonderful as this event. Actually, we are. We just need to make sure that we are active participants in YHWH's tribal party so that other will be drawn and welcomed back into the family.

May mercy, peace, and love be yours in abundance.

+OD

Comments

SlayersOtaku said…
lights, balloons, bands & beer is what got the jews in trouble at the foot of mt zion. :-x

Popular posts from this blog

Linux Mint 5

Series: New Testament Eschatology

'Sick to my guts...'