Answered Prayer

Yesterday morning, after I had my usual breakfast, I determined that I would not purchase biscuits and gravy from the cafe in my building.

I am working my way through Richard Foster's book Celebration of Disciple this month. It is really good and I can see why it's a classic and must read for all who are yearning for spiritual growth.

With that stated, I just finished the chapter on prayer and said a small little prayer, 'God, please give me "ears to hear" your voice.'

As I walked out of my office, the smell of breakfast cooking from the cafe over-came me. I went in and asked for 'the usual'. I was quickly informed that I couldn't be assisted because they were out of gravy. The offered me something else but I refused. When I was asked why, the first thing that popped in my head was answered prayer! I asked to recognize God speaking to me, and I took the 'out of gravy' to be God telling me that I had stated I wasn't going to buy them this morning.

Sometimes we think God speaks to us in the extraordinary. But I believe that God speaks to us each and every moment of every day. God is not silent. We just aren't listening.


~~~
In the Grace of the Three in One,

Jack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linux Mint 5

Series: New Testament Eschatology

'Sick to my guts...'