Seventh Sunday of Easter (Year C)


12“Look! I’m coming soon.[1] My reward is with me, to repay all people as their actions deserve. 13I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. 14Favored are those who wash their robes so that they may have the right of access to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates.

16“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to bear witness to all of you about these things for the churches. I’m the root and descendant of David, the bright morning star. 17The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come!’ Let the one who hears say, ‘Come!’ And let the one who is thirsty come! Let the one who wishes receive life-giving water as a gift.”

20The one who bears witness to these things says, “Yes, I’m coming soon.”[2] Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.


Prayer:
O God, High King of Heaven, you have exalted your only Son Jesus the Christ with great triumph to your Realm: You haven’t left us comfortless, but sent us your Holy Spirit to strengthen us and exalt us to that place where our Savior Christ has gone before; who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.



~~~
[1] “I am coming soon!” from when the letter was written — 60’s CE. See Ken Gentry’s book, Before Jerusalem Fell: Dating the Book of Revelation. For a detailed look at the “end times” of the Bible, see my series, New Testament Eschatology. As it pertains to Revelation, start with Letters 13.

[2] See note [1].

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linux Mint 5

Series: New Testament Eschatology

'Sick to my guts...'