Confirmed!

On March 11, 2007, I was confirmed in the Episcopal church.  This means that I was admitted, by the laying on of hands from the Bishop (as well as our priest and other leaders and my family and friends), to full privileges of the church.  This is the first step in a long journey toward ordination.  It is from here that I can move more in the right direction of my calling.  I am so excited about this.  I am part of a great local community and an exciting and wonderful (if not sometimes tumultuous) tradition that goes back a long time.

The door is wide open now.  And I have walked through it into a whole new world of possibilities.  Please pray that I will listen to the voice of our Father and follow wherever the Spirit is leading me.

Peace be with you.

+OD

Comments

MScott said…
Jack: Congratulations! I always thought your calling was more along the line of the devine and not the network...Good luck with you journey.

M. Scott
Craver said…
You said, "Please pray that I will listen to the voice of our Father and follow wherever the Spirit is leading me."

That is an excellent prayer for you, for me, and for all of God's sheep. Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Linux Mint 5

Series: New Testament Eschatology

'Sick to my guts...'