Happy Anniversary!

Me and my sweetums!


Today marks my and Mahina's 19th wedding anniversary. Can you believe it? Nineteen years. Who woulda thunk it? We have had a lot of great times and a few rather scary ones. In fact, today marks the end of a very dark and almost hopeless time. It marks the dawn of a New Beginning. Of our New Beginning. We chose the Spring Equinox because of what it represents in the world around us. We wanted to renew our vows but instead we just started over. Nothing fancy, just some good friends and family, good food and music. We shared some words and asked God to bless us on this New Beginning. If you were one of the lucky ones who could attend, you should listen to the music CD we passed out with all of those wonderful songs and relive that joyous occasion with us. That is what I'm listening to today -- all day long. If you are so inclined, you can head over to my Public Box and look at the pictures that were taken from that very special day.

There is something so special about this time of year. The dullness of winter is past and new life is creeping up all around us. There are little flowers popping up all over the place. A pair of cardinals are making a nest in some Wisteria in our backyard. We have peas, garlic, and onions starting to come up in the garden. The song birds are singing again. It is just a wonderful time. And our love is reflected with every new flower that opens its petals.

Happy Anniversary, Mahina.

I love you deeply.

Comments

Pinball said…
OH! And Happy Anniversary AND New Beginning Day.
Pinball said…
That was a great day. I am honored to have been there. I love you both and your daughter, too. Your family is a blessing to all who are privileged to know you.

Thanks for including me and 2/5 of the rest of the family that was extant at the time of the photo in your public box!
Odysseus said…
Thank you so much for your friendship and love. You are truly a brother to me and I love you too.

Oh, and that was the only picture I had of your family. I should post a series on my friends and the influence they have on my life. Hmm...

Thanks for the comments.
sumi said…
You are absolutely wonderful, dad. And, i only dream of having a classic love like you and mom one day. I cherish you both and I am very happy for you too. Yay for spring! I love you!
Sam said…
Congratulations on a wonderful day and a New Beginning! (A brother from CPS.)
slayersotaku said…
wait a minute. there was a party and i wasnt invited? and what's this! kyle... jack i thought we had something special. j/k kewl stuff man, gratz
Ted Gossard said…
Happy Anniversary to you folks! Looked like a good time and a good day outside for the New Beginning. Many blessings to come!
Pam Niell said…
Thanks for including me! Congratulations on such a perfect day! Wishing you the very best and many happy years to come!
Odysseus said…
Thank to all for your wonderful comments. I need to make an editorial comment: The link to the pictures are from a few years ago. About three, I think? I can't remember exactly. But that's okay. Neither can Mahina!

Thanks again for all the great comments and blessings.

Peace be with you.

+ OD

Popular posts from this blog

Linux Mint 5

Series: New Testament Eschatology

'Sick to my guts...'