Is it a baby or not?

I know that I will probably catch some flack for this post, but I gotta say it.

In the murder of Jessie Davis, the media is quick to point out that she was pregnant and would have delivered any time.  But the fact that they point this out begs the question, 'Is it a baby or not'?  It seems to me, at least, that this issue of 'life' and when is some 'thing' a person, is questionable by the mainstream media.  We all know that women can choose to terminate their pregnancy at almost any point they choose.  And this is not considered 'murder'.  However, in the Jessie Davis case, Bobby Cutts, Jr. is arrested for the murder of Jessie and 'her unborn baby'.  Does any of this makes sense?  How can we pick and choose when a baby is a baby?  Who gets to decide that?  We can't just pick when we want a baby to be a baby.  A pregnant woman has another human being inside her.  Period.  No matter what stage she is in.

I can hear the cries already, 'A woman should have the right to choose'.  Choose what?  The death of another person?  That's okay?  I had someone last week tell me that he has no problem with certain types of people as long as they don't harm anyone else.  But this same person supports abortion.  I'm sorry, it just doesn't make sense.  Life is life.  A human being is just as much a human being whether he or she is in the womb or out of the womb.

Cutts is rightfully accused for a double homicide.  I just don't understand why some people don't see abortion as 'medical murder'.

Peace be with you.

+ OD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linux Mint 5

Series: New Testament Eschatology

'Sick to my guts...'