Day 4

The Gospel: According to Bishop Wright in The Last Word, the gospel is 'the story of Jesus (particularly his death and resurrection), told as the climax of the story of God and Israel and thus offering itself as both the true story of the world and the foundation and the energizing force for the church's mission' (pg. 48). With that stated, I am re-reading the NT sermon's and discovering that he is correct. I just started the sermon of Stephen in Acts 7 and this is how it starts:

Brothers and honorable fathers, listen to me. Our glorious God appeared to our ancestor Abraham in Mesopotamia before he moved to Haran. God told him, 'Leave your native land and your relatives, and come to the land that I will show you.' So Abraham left the land of the Chaldeans and lived in Haran until his father died. Then God brought him here to the land where you now live. (Acts 7.2-4).

It's just like Bishop Wright stated. I will be continuing on with this study and let you know what YHWH shows me.

May mercy, peace, and love be yours in abundance.

OD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linux Mint 5

Series: New Testament Eschatology

'Sick to my guts...'